Friday, March 26, 2010

Attack Your Smoking Habit

How did you do on keeping track of your type casting your smoking habit? Were you surprised or did you pretty much know your smoking habits? Whatever you discovered, now you can take these results and start attacking your smoking habit. Your goal will be to develop a “plan to quit smoking”. You know you’ve heard the saying “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail” Well that holds true for quitting smoking. What you want to do is pick a quit day and starting that day decrease your cigarette intake by one cigarette. It doesn’t matter what type of cigarette it is or what time it is, it just matters that you decrease it by one. If you start on Sunday, by Friday you will be smoking 6 less cigarettes a week. You may also enlist in a smoking cessation product to help you get less nicotine in your body as well. Some people have decrease their cigarette intake by more than one the first few days, but the minimum that you should do is one a day. It is up to you, but you must keep consistent in your efforts.

What should I start with you say? There are no rules or magic. You should do what will offers you the greatest success. You can start with the “Pairing Cigarettes, the Must Have Cigarettes” or a combination. Some people start with cutting out the cigarette after their morning coffee. I know that was one I thought would be hard for me but despite my love for a coffee and cigarette, I had my coffee without the cigarette and conditioned my mind I did not need to “pair” them together to get the enjoyment out of my morning coffee.

Look at it this way, you did not initially start smoking a ½ a pack or a full pack a day, no your habit started gradually. So doesn’t it make sense to quit gradually. That is the way I did it. I found by using a smoking cessation product, decreasing my cigarette intake daily and changing my thought patterns I could finally be successful at quitting. So far it has been going on 4+ years that I have been smoke free. The hardest part was just starting and once I did I had to keep at it. Day by day, just one day at a time, sometimes just hours at a time. Remember I smoked for 33 years so it wasn’t a cake walk for me to quit smoking. I know it won’t be for you either, but I also know you can do it !

 Beat the Habit w/ Revolutionary New Alternative to Smoking - Premium Electronic Cigarettes

No comments: