Tuesday, January 19, 2010

36 Reasons Why I Love Not Smoking

As I began not to smoke I started creating a list of what I Loved about Not Smoking.  It was helpful to me in changing my mindset and remember if you change your mindset, you will change your behavior.  Start creating your list and add to it daily or as you see fit.  Feel free to use some of the reasons that I found beneficial.  Let me hear from you if you have differen ones, our readers will be interested in your insights !
1. I Love the way my house smells. With or without perfumed candles my home smells wonderful and not
    that of stale cigarette smoke !

2. I Love taking back control of myself. Now the cigarettes do NOT have control over me.

3.I Love not having to count down the minutes until I sneak away to go have a nicotine fix.
   Taking a million smoke breaks during working hours was really interfering with my job performance.

4. I Love smelling all the foods we are cooking in the home at night and throughout the day.

5. I Love to exercise and not become winded. It is better than smoking ever was.

6. I Love how at the end of the month I have more money in my pocket to buy myself a new dress or new   
    pair of shoes or anything I want for me !

7. I Love my freedom not smoking gives you. Like not having to worry about smoking urges on a long train 
    or plane trip.

8. I Love being an inspiration to others.(my mother quit after 61 years of smoking!)

9. I Love that my family is proud of my accomplishment.

10. I Love the way I smell when I don't smoke!

11. I Love being able to smell the perfume and body lotions I layer on my body since I am a non-smoker.
      Before everything from my fingers to my hair had the scent of tobacco smoke; who wants to cuddle   
      or be close to that ?

12. I Love that I guaranteed myself a longer and healthier life.

13. I Love that I can tell my son to not smoke without sounding like a hypocrite.

14. I Love giving my boyfriend big, long romantic kisses, which wouldn’t of happened when I was smoking.

15. I Love eating a delightful meal and actually tasting it.

16. I Love that I'm setting a good example for my friends and family.

17.I Love that I'm exercising and leading a healthier lifestyle.

18.I Love that I'm doing what I said I'd do.

19.I Love that my home no longer smells like a stale ashtray.

20. I Love that I can laugh without having a coughing fit.

21. I Love that I don't get winded walking up 1 flight of stairs.

22. I Love that both my boyfriend and I don't smoke.

23. I Love that I am taking better care of myself.

24. I Love being in control - I feel wonderfully powerful that I am able to fight this addiction.

25. I Love the newfound confidence and strength in ALL aspects of my life since I quit.

26. I Love waking up in the mornings and not coughing a lung up because I've smoked too much the night  
      before.

27. I Love that my voice is not raspy and “old” sounding from all the smoking that I did.

28. I Love being able to really taste my food and discovered I like some food that I never did before.

29. I Love it that my family tells me that I smell good.

30. I Love that I can take a walk in the park and be able to smell the smells of nature.

31. I Love that I have the energy to run, dance, and exercise without having to take a breather every 5
      minutes!

32. I Love being able to say "no, I'm sorry I don't have a light - I don't smoke!"

33. I Love that my son is not afraid I will die an early age of lung cancer.

34. I Love going for longer and longer periods of time without even thinking of smoking as though it doesn't 
      exist.

35. I Love that I no longer have no more late night runs to the store to buy a pack of cigarettes!

36. I Love GIVING MYSELF THE GIFT OF LIFE!

         IF YOU WANT TO LOVE NOT SMOKING AND NEED HELP TO STOP SMOKING NOW KEEP TUNING IN TO MY BLOG FOR DAILY TIPS, INSPIRATIONS AND HELP.  SHARE YOUR SUCCESS STORIES WITH US. email: corine90630@gmail.com

No comments: