Thursday, January 14, 2010

THE FIRST STEPS IN QUITTING

I had tried several times to quit smoking, but never too hard because truth be known I liked smoking ! Although very unpopular now, I mean lets face it anywhere you go you are almost classed as a "bad" person if you smoke. You are segregated into the "non" smoking sections or worse yet in my state there often is not even a non-smoking section, you just have to wait. But not even these things made me quit smoking. It first started because I was dating a non-smoker. In the past that never really made a difference. In fact most of the men I dated did NOT smoke. Looking back, I don't really know how they put up with it (but thats a different blog). Anyway, this man was different and I had actually wanted not to smoke in front of him. So everytime we went out I did not. Mind you right after, I mean the second we left each other I would light up. I started to notice that I would get a little light headed. Then I started thinking to myself "Gee... if the cigarettes do this to me in such a short time (usually 6-8 hours) I wonder what else they are doing to me. This had to be the beginning of the end ..... these thoughts started to change my mind and after all if I could change my mindset......maybe I could change my behavior. To be continued but if you want to share your mindset with me you can email me at corine90630@gmail.com

No comments: