Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I Prepared Myself to Quit part 4

For 33 years I did not want to quit, but during the time I was going out with an non smoker and not smoking in front of him, little did I know I was preparing my body not to smoke. The other thing that happened was my mind was noticing that I could go many hours without the need to smoke. I started paying attention to how and what prompted me to smoke and when the urges were the strongest. As I said in my past blogs, you do have to first change your mind and your behavior will follow. Here are some other things to consider when decidong to quit that may help you on your way to becomming a non-smoker for good !

WAYS OF QUITTING...


Switch brands
• Switch to a brand you find distasteful.
• Change to a brand that's low in tar and nicotine a couple of weeks before your target date. This will help change your smoking behavior. However, DO NOT smoke more cigarettes, inhale them more often or more deeply, or place your fingertips over the holes in the filters. All of these will increase your nicotine intake, and the idea is to get your body used to functioning without nicotine.

Cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke
• Smoke only half of each cigarette.
• Each day, postpone lighting your first cigarette 1 hour.
• Decide you'll smoke only during odd or even hours of the day.
• Decide you'll smoke only during odd or even hours of the day.

• Decide beforehand how many cigarettes you'll smoke during the day. For each additional cigarette, give a dollar to your favorite charity.


YOU CAN QUIT SMOKING TOO

No comments: