Sunday, February 7, 2010

THE A B C 'S OF QUITTING SMOKING

Everyone needs help quitting smoking.  Even if you want to quit, I've heard and read that quitting is harder than stopping a herion addition !  I've put together a series of  suggestions that might help you quit.  It helped me to post these suggestions on "post it" notes on my bathroom mirror, car dashboard, and on my desk at work.  It takes alot of willpower to quit, but it also takes retraing your mind.  After 33 years of this same habit I know what you are going through, but I also know you can do it !  Let me hear from you soon  and Good Luck !

A. JUST BEFORE QUITTING...
  • Practice going without cigarettes.
  • Don't think of NEVER smoking again. Think of quitting in terms of 1 day at a time.
  • Tell yourself you won't smoke today, and then don't.
  • Clean your clothes to rid them of the cigarette smell, which can linger a long time.
  • Get Smoking Aids

No comments: