Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS AND REMEDIES

 11. Headaches:  I decreased my coffee intake.  If you drink colas decrease that as well.  It was easy since, without the cigarette, I didn't really want as much coffee.  I also exercised more and relaxed in the evening with a warm bath instead of a shower.


12. Increase on Appetite:  My hunger didn't really increase.  I did notice food tasted a little better, I mean I could really taste the hot chiles now !  What really happens is I always wanted something in my hands, or "hand to mouth" .  I started drinking more water and eating more low calorie vegetables.  

13. Insomnia:  Nicotine can influence sleep patterns and dreams about smoking are common. About 3 months after I quit, I actually had a dream that I smoked. It was so real I woke up, throat was sore and thought I actually did smoke !  To reduce these symptoms you can avoid caffeine after 6:00 pm , take a  relaxing bath, try deep breathing exercises. Work on a hobby.

14. Irritability, grouchy, tense: Tobacco is a stimulant, therefore when we smoke our bodies are in a chronic state of nervous stimulation.  When we quit our bodies are craving nicotine. Our body is ajusting and trying to return to normal.  Keep up with the deep breathing and positive statements to yourself.  Take walks, exercise and cut down on caffinated drinks. Get help from a smoking cessation product. 

15.Lack of concentration:  Another adjustment that the body is going through.  One I didn't like since I needed to concentrate on my full time job, like so many of us do.  Thank goodness I did get back to normal and was able to concentrate again after a few weeks.  During that time I know I sound repetitious but  keep up with the deep breathing and positive statements to yourself. Take walks, exercise and cut down on caffinated drinks.  This will also help you to keep your cravings under control.

I want help to quit smoking

No comments: