Tuesday, February 2, 2010

But Where Can I Smoke Now ?

Because I am on the West Coast our state was one of the first to put into place many of the non smoking laws.  I began to feel like a criminal every time I did light up or worse yet when I wanted to light up.  I grew up when smoking was very chic and acceptable.  Now ... well I won't say exactly how many years later but you get the picture, after I am addicted - they cut me off!   Feeling like the only place I was going to be allowed to smoke was my own home and wondering when that right was going to be taken away.  Feeling rather dismal at the thought I decided to  take stock of myself and write down just how important smoking had become in my life.  I wrote down every occassion I felt like I really needed one, but now couldn't.  What lenghts I was going to to go out and have one (I mean really, leaving an upscale restaurant in the middle of dinner to get a fix was really undesirable to my date), and finally how terrible I must of smelled to everyone around me who didn't smoke.   I knew I needed to change the way I was living or better stated the way I wasn't living .

I want to quit smoking too

No comments: