Wednesday, February 3, 2010

No Smoking in Outdoor Areas - is the the beginning ?

I was reading the daily news a couple of weeks ago and what was true for me four years ago is still true today.  Where are smokers going to be allowed to smoke.  I have quit over 4 years ago,  but truth be known it would only take one cigarette to get me back to smoking multiple packs of cigarettes a day.  My friends think I am crazy, but I still like the smell of people smoking cigarettes (versus the smell of the cigarettes on the person ugh!) Anyway the Daily News for Los Angeles said that they took another step forward in prohibiting smoking in outdoor areas such as patio areas, outdoor food courts and around mobile food trucks.  The ban will affect areas adjacent to a restaurant,  within 10 feet of a outdoor food courts and 40 feet of mobile food trucks. Bars, nightclubs and cigar clubs are exempt.   This ban will take effect after a one-year education program and is believed to discourage more people from smoking and reduce exposure to secondhand smoke.

Do you want to quit smoking today ?

No comments: